Learning to love yourself is one of the most powerful and important things that you can do in your life. You simply can not take care of your loved ones until you take care of yourself first. Self love is not some desperate need to be better or more deserving than others. And it is definitely not being selfish or vain but it’s a commitment to get to know and accept yourself as you are!
On this perfect occasion of celebrating unconditional love, let’s make a promise to ourselves to be kind, forgive and love ourselves just the way we do all this for our loved ones and be proud of who we are ❤ .
When we talk about self-love, it can be a little overwhelming and tricky topic for some of us and think How do we learn to love ourselves? Here are 7 ways, I am discussing in today’s post that will help you to start practicing the art of self-love straight away:
- Make Yourself Your Number 1 Priority. Remember, in order to love others and be loved, you need to first love yourself. It is easy to get caught in the craziness of everyday life and ignore your own needs. When you keep doing this, not only you suffer, but you are not at your best for everyone else around you.
- Stop Criticizing Yourself. Nobody is perfect, we all have shortcomings but don’t let those shortcomings define yourself. Criticism tears you down and can leave you feeling demoralized and hollow. On the contrary, choose to praise yourself and that will not only help you building your self-esteem but will nurture the feelings of self-worth.
- Take Care of Your Body. Respect and nurture your body by eating healthy, exercising on a regular basis, keeping yourself clean & well-groomed and getting enough sleep. Try meditation for your mental well being.
- Be Your Own Best Friend. It’s in your own best interest to love yourself. You know yourself better than anyone else. You know all your faults and all your strengths. You know what makes you laugh and what makes you cry. Show yourself the same compassion and empathy you would to your best friend. Learn to enjoy your own company.
- Accept Your Current Situation. No matter how negative your current situation is there is always an opportunity for growth and improvement. Remember nothing is forever and that includes the negative things in life. Your circumstances are not a reflection of you. How you choose to react to your circumstances is what ultimately defines who you are!
- Be Mindful. People who have more self-love tend to know what they think, feel and want. They are mindful of who they are and what they want to do in life, rather than relying on what others want them to do.
- Forgive Yourself. We humans can be so hard on ourselves sometimes. You have to accept the fact that you are not perfect, before you can truly love yourself. Practice being kind to yourself more when you make a mistake. Remember, there are no failures, if you have learned and grown from your mistakes; there are only lessons learned.
At last but not least, I will only say that to love yourself is a lifelong process. Which means, it’s not a destination – it’s a daily practice. It all starts with you and ends with you. 🙂
Enjoy and see you soon in the next post! ❤